Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to install GIT with Stash?

Jirong Hu March 27, 2014

If I use Stash and installed in Windows, do I still need to install GIT? Is GIT included in Stash? How to connect Stash to my existing GIT repositories (out of Stash, existing before Stash)?

Thanks

Jirong

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2014

If you install git properly, it should end up in a place in your system path, so it'll be available to any program running in the standard environment

As for your repositorys, they will land <where you told Stash to store them>/project/*

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2014

Yes, you need to install git. It'll read your existing repos fine.

Jirong Hu March 28, 2014

After I create a repository (called stash) in Stash, it gives this link:http://localhost:7990/projects/STAS/repos/stash/browse

And this command: git clone http://admin@localhost:7990/scm/stas/stash.git

The above is a web URL. So where is the actually directory location of the above repository?

If Stash used my pre-installed GIT, how does Stash know where is my GIT? How are they connected?

Jirong

Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2014

To your first subquestion - location of git repository in stash could be retrieved using Stash addon Repository System Info. Anyway, I would not operate on that internal repositories.

Stash uses git executable, not the existing repositories. You need to push their content to Stash repositories.

jhinch (Atlassian)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2014

The Repository System Info plugin was deprecated in 2.7 and will not be supported in Stash 3.0 as the functionality is now included in Stash core. The location on disk is shown on the repository settings page to System Administrators only

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events