Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Fisheye for our GIT repository

shabbaranks December 20, 2011

Hi,

We're currently trialing Fisheye with Jira pointing to a GIT repository. I have configured Fisheye to integrate with JIRA and am at the stage where I need to add a repository. We have a GIT repository all ready up and running - am I ok to point fisheye to that and will it work or will it try to overwrite it?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2011

Hi,

FishEye will never overwrite a repository; You can set up a git repository in FishEye in two ways:

• Managed repository: FishEye will 'host' your git repository and you can push/pull/clone from the fisheye url. This is convenient if you don't have a hosted git repository somewhere else. FishEye is updated whenever someone pushed to the repository, so changes are visible instantly.
  • External repository: Configure the repository in FishEye and point it to your existing hosted repository. FishEye will create a local clone of the git repository and periodically pull in changes from you existing repository to its local clone. FishEye will never push to your existing repository.

Cheers,

Michael

shabbaranks January 23, 2012

Thanks Michael, is there detailed instructions as to how I get Fisheye hosting our repository? Ive searched through the knowledgebase but cant seem to find details on how to go about this?

Thanks

Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2012

The documentation for managed repositories is here: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Adding+an+Internal+Repository

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events