Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to free up GIT LFS storage space for a Repo?

6U1LL3 May 24, 2017

Hello!

My team and I, we'd been using GIT LFS for a while now, but it seems like with new pricing policies we are now only entitled to use 1GB of LFS storage space, we are attempting to free space by creating a new Repo and pushing our latest version of the current project to it, so that we can start with a clean LFS history slate, so to speak.

We are uncertain if this is the best way to free up space or if it'll work at all. So I wanted to see if there is anyone else out there with a similar issue, and how he/she resolved it.

I appreciate any help you might be able to provide and thanks in advance.

Cheers,

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2017

Hi Guillermo! The 1 GB LFS storage is per account, not per repository, so moving the files to a different repo within the same Bitbucket account would not be a solution for you.

You can delete some of the files if you no longer need them, as explained at Deleting remote LFS files.

Another option would be to get more LFS storage, you can upgrade your account or purchase extra storage as you can see at Bitbucket Cloud pricing.

For more info you can also read Bitbucket Cloud plan details.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Ana

6U1LL3 June 2, 2017

Hello!

Thanks, Ana, I appreciate your answer.

As a matter of fact the solution we ended up using was a combination of the two. We did bought more LFS space (10Gb) and also deleted our previous Repository, this because LFS history remains, and the only (current) way of getting rid of that is to either delete each LFS item one by one or eliminate the repo on its entirety.

Eric Magar March 10, 2018

I unsuccessfully tried to re-write git history to free up LFS space, as detailed here

Could you pls elaborate on the need to "delete each LFS item one by one"? Do you mean having to do it in each commit of a repository's history?

Thanks! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events