Instructions on how to clone(or download) a Stash repo via GIT GUI to your local machine Edited

I am new to stash so terminologies like clone, pull, etc are new to me. So while looking for steps on how to download(clone) a stash repo via GIT, I came accross these instructions, so I thought I should share them.

I am assuming that you have GIT installed on you computer and have the stash repo access.

1. Copy the code from stash as shown below. After you click on 'clone' it will show you the code.

1.png

2.PNG

2. Now open GIT GUI, click on 'Clone Existing Repository' and paste the code in the next window. As shown below. Then click clone.

3.PNG4.PNG

3. It will ask you for credentials. After providing them, it will download the repo at the specified location on your local machine.

Thanks for reading.

0 comments

Comment

Community showcase
Published Sep 17, 2018 in Teamwork

The tools we make for teams? We use them every day at Atlassian to get shit done (and it works).

I’m Jess, a Product Marketer for Jira Software Server and Data Center, and now a huge fan of our products. Read on for a 90 day, new-hire perspective on what it’s like to standardize on the Atlassian...

136 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you