Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I created a publicly available form in Jira Work Management?

Drew.Morgan June 28, 2023

Hello!

I'm currently stuck using Smart Jira Forms Cloud as an add-on app to my Jira instance, but I was wondering if there was any new info about forms being available publicly?

The use case is collecting information from internal or external stakeholders who don't have access to Jira, but we need it to kick-off various workflows - everything from employee onboarding to product discovery. 

This seems like tablestakes for project management at this point, especially compared to Monday.com and Asana. 

Is it possible to do this natively in Jira Work Management? If yes, is it only available on the standard vs. free tier? If no, is this on the roadmap?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Olha Yevdokymova_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 28, 2023

Hello, @Drew.Morgan !

As a marketing manager at SaaSJet, the creators of Smart Jira Forms, I'm here to assist you with any challenges you might be facing. If there are any roadblocks or obstacles that you're currently experiencing, I would be happy to help you overcome them using our add-on. Feel free to provide more details or ask for additional information, and I'll provide the necessary support to address your concerns.

Regards,

Olha

Drew.Morgan June 28, 2023

I think the biggest point of friction is that the responses don't populate into the detail fields in the Jira ticket itself. Once the form is complete, it attaches to the ticket, but it'd be super helpful for the responses to be mapped to ticket fields. 

That is the advantage of the Jira forms - they are built with the actual components so it makes it easy for those fields to be filled in with whatever the responses are on the forms. 

Like Kalin U likes this
Olha Yevdokymova_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 12, 2024

Hello @Drew.Morgan !
Happy to announce that in Smart Jira Forms form fields can be mapped to Jira fields after form submission. It works for shared forms and also for added forms inside Jira issue. 

Destination Issue Fields feature allows you to automatically update your issue field values with the values submitted through a form. So, when a form is added to an issue, and someone submits the form, it enables to transfer of data from the submitted form directly to a Jira issue field that was pre-defined when setting up the form. 

📄 Destination Field is available for such types of spreading forms:

1. Automatic Form Addition.

2. Manual Form Addition. 

3. Form sharing with users out of Jira from an issue.

4. Customer Portal Form Addition (JSM).

So, this feature doesn’t create new issue based on form responses, but it makes changes in existing issue fields where that form was added. To create issue with pre-populated fields based on form responses turn on Create issue function. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events