Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit form permissions...

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2023

Hi,

Were there any considerations about the feature for creating restrictions on who can edit attached forms (or who can even create forms)?

For example, I'm looking for replacing global transitions with conditions (e.g. only project one role can use specific transition with a screen so these users are the only ones who can edit specific fields) with Forms.

So, what one of our customers would like to achieve is that each form is specific for one (or more) project roles, and only those project roles can create new or edit existing attached forms which is restricted to them.

I've found this feature request - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-23822, but I was wondering if this is something on the teams' roadmap?

1 comment

Comment

Olha Yevdokymova_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 14, 2024

Hi @Tomislav Tobijas 
If form restrictions is invaluable feature for you, you may try add-on developed by my team - Smart Jira Forms. Recently we released Form editing and responeses restriction so you will be asle to set up this. 

Restrictions are limitations applied to forms to govern their usage, editing, and viewing. There are two options for restrictions:

1. Open access: Anyone can view and edit.

2. Restricted access: Only specific individuals can view and edit. When this restriction option is configured, the creator and Jira admins group become the owners of the form, and you can grant permissions to other users and Jira groups.

By default, anyone can edit and view all forms.

Users with no access to form can’t:

• edit, set up, copy or delete form

• view and download form responses of other users and his own

Smart Jira Forms makes form management flexible and secure:
  • Embed forms for streamlined data collection: Place forms directly into Confluence pages or websites.
  • Share with external users: Gather feedback and insights beyond your Jira instance.
  • Simplify Jira workflows: Automatically add forms to issues, pre-populate fields, and trigger issue fields updates.
  • Customize with ease: Choose from 16+ form elements and style your forms to match your branding.
  • Ensure data accuracy: Conditional logic creates dynamic forms that react to user input.
Like Tomislav Tobijas likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events