smart commits not working

How can i troubleshoot smart commits in Jira? After I upgraded a few months ago (I am assuming) this feature stopped working.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Carlitos,

I believe the first step in order to troubleshoot this issue is to investigate the application versions:

• As far as I understand, you've upgraded FishEye, correct? What was the old version number?
  • What is your JIRA version?
  • What is your JIRA FishEye Plugin version?

Have the smart commits stopped working completely, or some of the functionalities still work? Remember you can use smart commits to transition JIRA issues, comment on JIRA issues, log work on JIRA issues, etc...

Can you please check if Smart Commits are still enabled and if you're still using the correct syntax? Can you provide us with a sample Smart Commit you're using?

Does it work for some users, or it doesn't work for anyone at all?

Apparently it's some permission issue between Jira and Fisheye. Not sure why it stopped working. It was definitely working before. I'm using Jira as a User Server. Atlassian support is looking at it. Any ideas are welcome.

it was a bad application link.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

37 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you