smart commits not working

carlitos.melgar@izote.net December 26, 2012

How can i troubleshoot smart commits in Jira? After I upgraded a few months ago (I am assuming) this feature stopped working.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2012

Hi Carlitos,

I believe the first step in order to troubleshoot this issue is to investigate the application versions:

• As far as I understand, you've upgraded FishEye, correct? What was the old version number?
  • What is your JIRA version?
  • What is your JIRA FishEye Plugin version?

Have the smart commits stopped working completely, or some of the functionalities still work? Remember you can use smart commits to transition JIRA issues, comment on JIRA issues, log work on JIRA issues, etc...

Can you please check if Smart Commits are still enabled and if you're still using the correct syntax? Can you provide us with a sample Smart Commit you're using?

Does it work for some users, or it doesn't work for anyone at all?

carlitos.melgar@izote.net January 1, 2013

Apparently it's some permission issue between Jira and Fisheye. Not sure why it stopped working. It was definitely working before. I'm using Jira as a User Server. Atlassian support is looking at it. Any ideas are welcome.

carlitos.melgar@izote.net January 10, 2013

it was a bad application link.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events