Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error synchronising users: Problem getting the initial LDAP context" Fish Eye 3.7

newaters March 9, 2018

I am receiving this really swell error message trying to synchronize with with AD for the first time.

I am able to test my AD connection using the same username and password I have supplied the initial bind user. So I feel confident that all of the connection parameters and my credentials are fine.

Is there anywhere I can look to get a better idea of what is failing?

For what its worth, I have tried sAMAccountName, CN, and UID for the "UID attribute" with no joy.

sync error.png

1 answer

0 votes
Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2018

Hi Nick,

From the screenshot, it looks like you are running an older version of Fisheye (< 4.x).

Would it be possible to upgrade to a newer one and try again? Fisheye 4.0 introduced a new way of managing user directories FishEye 4.0 user directories migration that should make it much easier to manage users and connecting to LDAP.

You can find here all the release notes related to the recent versions of Fisheye.

Thanks, Caterina - Atlassian 

newaters March 10, 2018

That's correct, I am using Fish Eye 3.7. Upgrading is not an option for us right now. Our license has expired. Are using Git/Bitbucket for all new work and only legacy software is in SVN. Since we are trying to move away from SVN we would rather not purchase a new license for Fish Eye.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events