Adam Scott May 4, 2018

We changed two png images and both show completely useless diffsNot useful.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ben Stuart
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2018

I would suggest setting exclude patterns globally for any binary file types in your repositories. This will prevent fisheye from displaying PNG's as source or trying to diff them. This should also improve performance of your instance as well. You can configure this by going to Administration >> Defaults >> Include/Exclude Paths tab and click "Add" to add a new include/exclude patterns. To add an Exclude place a pattern similar to this except with your desired file type to exclude:

**/*.PNG

in the 'Add an Exclude' dialogue that will be displayed.

For reference here is our documentation on Configuring Include/ Exclude patterns.

Adam Scott July 9, 2018

When the PNG diff actually works, that is shows the new and old versions side by side, it's quite useful, so I'd rather avoid removing them completely.

I guess my question wasn't phrased well at all, sorry about that.

What I was wondering is why some of the time the PNG diff is the binary while other times it's an image.

Christian Schröder May 15, 2019

Any new information on this? We would also like to show PNG as diff, but this does nit work in many cases.

0 votes
Christian Schröder July 15, 2020

We are facing this problem as well. Is there any solution?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events