on restore fisheye-data sub-directory is empty

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2015

I'm trying to make a copy of production on our sandbox server.

Using the following command:

/opt/atlassian/fecru-3.6.3/bin/fisheyectl.sh restore -f ../fisheyeandcrucible_backup_2015_01_08.zip -j jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/fecru -u fisheye -p <redacted> -t postgresql --force

It seems to be perfectly happy.  But when I start fisheye there are boatloads of errors about "Requested bean is currently in creation: Is there an unresolvable circular reference?" and it shuts down.

The only thing that seems really suspicious is that /opt/atlassian/fisheye-data on the sandbox server is empty.  the sub-dirs that should be there are in the install directory.  But not all the files from prod fisheye-data appear to have made it to staging.  Some, but not all.

Ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2015

As you figured out the FISHEYE_INST environment variable has to point to the folder where do you want the instance to be restored to.  And later still need to be set to the same location when starting restored instance.

This is the documented way of restoring instance, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Backing+up+and+restoring+FishEye+data#BackingupandrestoringFishEyedata-RestoringFishEyedata, it should work perfectly fine.

If you still have any issues with some data being not restored please ensure expected data was included in the backup file in the first place.

Hope that helps,
Piotr 

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2015

Yep. All was fine after I set the environment variable. Thanks.

0 votes
DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2015

I think this is because I didn't have FISHEYE_INST defined.  Things seem better now.  Not quite there.  But definitely better.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events