no more than 800 file revisions are allowed.

Hi!

When i am adding branches for review, it prompts "Attempt to add too many revisions to a review - no more than 800 file revisions are allowed.", actually i definately does not change more than 400 files, actully it just about ten files were changed, 

the clue is that the branch live a litter longer, the frist revision of the start the branch is 20498, and last revision number is 20969, is this the reason? another clue is that druing the branch live i merged somethings from another branch, just a few files changed, 

Could someone tell what is wrong?

We are using FishEye and Crucible 3.9.0

1 answer

0 votes

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/fishkb/adding-files-to-a-review-fails-cannot-perform-the-requested-action-you-cannot-perform-this-action-because-reviews-are-limited-to-800-file-revisions-in-crucible-578682995.html for some workaround, though keep in mind increasing the limit may impact the performance.

Basically Crucible counts each file revision individually, so if several revisions of the same file are being added to the review, Crucible will count each of them as individual file revision.

It's difficult to say why the limit fired in your case if you have only 10 files amended, I'm guessing you don't have 80 separate commits on each of those files.  Ensure you pick up the feature branch and base branch correctly.

Hope that helps,

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

488 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you