Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.RuntimeException - com.cenqua.fisheye.LicensePolicyException: Your FishEye license is missing or invalid.

Steve Schaefer October 25, 2012

Hi. Went to login to FishEye and am getting the following error:

java.lang.RuntimeException - com.cenqua.fisheye.LicensePolicyException: Could not add user xxxxxxxx. Your FishEye license is missing or invalid.

com.cenqua.fisheye.LicensePolicyException: Could not add user xxxxxxxxx. Your FishEye license is missing or invalid.

Could not add user xxxxxxxx. Your FishEye license is missing or invalid.

You are running release FE2.8.0 (20120814071112 2012-08-14), please report your release number when reporting bugs.

My license is current. I figured I would check on the status of my license as a first step in the troubleshooting process. When I go to view my license in https://my.atlassian.com/products/index specifically at this link: https://my.atlassian.com/products/editserverid/xxxxxxx it asks me for my Server ID. The problem is I can't get at my Server ID in FishEye because it won't allow me to login per the problem I am having.

Not sure how to proceed or what needs to be done.

thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
LeonardoL
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2012

Hi Steve,

As per our support case the issue happened because FishEye was using an expired license. So the issue was solved when the license was upgraded.

I'm sharing the resolution of the support ticket here for future references of the comunity users.

Cheers,

Leonardo.

Sascha Mareth November 6, 2013

Hello.

As we have the same error in our logs (Fisheye 3.1.5) I would be interested if there was a resolution of the support ticket.

Our situation:

We have several Jira users and a few developers. The rights to view the "source Tab" are limited to the devs, but if there is one cklicking this tab and the license is ecxeeded there is an error message:

Request to <SERVERURL> failed: Error in remote call to '<SERVERNAME>' (xxx) [AbstractRestCommand{path='/rest-service-fe/search-v1/crossRepositoryQuery', params={query=<JIRA-ISSUEKEY>, expand=changesets[0:100].revisions[0:99],reviews}, methodType=GET}] : Received status code 500 (Server Error)

But it is possible to click the <SERVERURL> which caused than the exception.

Nevertheless I will issue an extra ticket, just curious if you something of that relates to your support ticket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events