Installed (apt install git git-core). I specified the path in the settings (/ usr / bin / git). Does not work. It is installed on debian 9, and on the server with windows it works.

Error testing connection.
Error talking to repository: 

at com.atlassian.fisheye.git.GitScmConfig.testConnection(GitScmConfig.java:120)
at com.cenqua.fisheye.RepositoryConfig.testConnection(RepositoryConfig.java:390)
at com.atlassian.fisheye.spi.admin.impl.DefaultRepositoryAdminService.testConnectionFor(DefaultRepositoryAdminService.java:964)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

Connection failed.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Denis,

There is an article titled Error testing connection. Error talking to repository - occurs when trying to connect to a Git repository.  It provides the following causes and resolutions:

Cause

Cause #1 - Git executable not available

FishEye was not able to detect where git executable (git.exe for a Windows server) is located.

Cause #2 - repository details incorrect

The Git URL or the authentication type and/or credentials are incorrect.

Resolution

Resolution for Cause #1 - Git executable not available

Set the Git executable path from FishEye Administration >> Global Settings >> Server >> Git executable >> Edit Details. The git executable file is usually located in the bin directory

Resolution for Cause #2 - repository details incorrect

Make sure that the Git URL and the provided credentials are correct.

You can test the expected Git URL by running:

git config --get remote.origin.url

Try the above steps and let us know if that does not resolve the issue.

Cheers,

Branden

Did not help. 

Hi Denis,

I'm sorry to hear that didn't help. Can you please provide the output of these commands:

1. Cd into the git repository:
  2. export GIT_TRACE_PACKET=1; export GIT_TRACE=1 ; export GIT_CURL_VERBOSE=1
  3. git config --get remote.origin.url
  4. git pull

Once I have that we'll go from there.

Cheers,

Branden

We have an external repository, it works fine. The problem is fisheye under debian. Fisheye under windows there is no such problem.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published 11 hours ago in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

158 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you