Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fisheye cannot connect to mercurial repos over https using self-signed cert on server

Ianto McGuckin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 19, 2018

I am trying to connect mercurial repos to fisheye.  The server that mercurial is running on is using a self-signed certificate for serving the mercurial repositories, and when I try to add the repo in fisheye (using password for https authentication and supplying the fisheye admin password for this), and testing the connection to the repo I get the error message: 

Error testing connection.
Non-zero exit code: 255
at com.atlassian.utils.process.PluggableProcessHandler.complete(PluggableProcessHandler.java:69)
at com.atlassian.utils.process.ExternalProcessImpl.wrapUpProcess(ExternalProcessImpl.java:509)
at com.atlassian.utils.process.ExternalProcessImpl.finish(ExternalProcessImpl.java:423)
at com.atlassian.utils.process.ExternalProcessImpl.execute(ExternalProcessImpl.java:378)
at com.atlassian.fisheye.dvcs.DvcsScmConfig.executeCommand(DvcsScmConfig.java:139)

Connection failed.

As far as I can see, everything is configured correctly.

Mercurial appears to be configured correctly

Mercurial executable (hg) = /Program Files/TortoiseHg/hg.exe

Does the stack trace above point to anything useful I could try next?

3 answers

0 votes
Tamas Csabina January 21, 2019

I finally managed to solve this (at least, partially).

The repository I tried to configure in Fisheye contained couple of thousand files!

After removing those (also from the history, by using the 'convert' extension of mercurial), I was able to clone and index the repository.

I hope this helps someone.

0 votes

This might help (though not really making sense to me).

After several failed attempts to Test the connection, I just saved the configuration.

As mentioned, there was no indexing happening, as the indexer just stuck at the first commit.

I did "Re-clone and Re-index:" in the "Maintenance" menu, and all of a sudden the indexer started...

False alarm...

I accidentally saved a different URL (different repository) in this new repo. And that is an URL of a working repo.

So the "Re-clone and Re-index" trick is irrelevant. I' am still struggling to add this new repo...

0 votes
Themis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 31, 2018

Hi Ianto,

a quick search using the stack trace lead to this issue:

Test Connection fails for some mercurial repositories

It suggests that while the test connection reports a failure, actually adding/saving the repo results in correct indexing. Could you try adding the repos despite the failed tests and check whether they begin indexing?

Best,

Themis

Have you guys ever figured this out? I have a similar (same?) problem while testing a newly added mercurial repository.

The error message in my case:

Error testing connection.
process timed out
at com.atlassian.utils.process.ExternalProcessImpl.wrapUpProcess(ExternalProcessImpl.java:506)
at com.atlassian.utils.process.ExternalProcessImpl.finish(ExternalProcessImpl.java:423)
at com.atlassian.utils.process.ExternalProcessImpl.execute(ExternalProcessImpl.java:378)
at com.atlassian.fisheye.dvcs.DvcsScmConfig.executeCommand(DvcsScmConfig.java:139)
at com.atlassian.fisheye.hg.HgScmConfig.testConnection(HgScmConfig.java:125)

Connection failed.

If I ignore the error and just Save the settings, the repository clone is at the first changeset:

Info

Indexing commit 8ebd8aaa9bfc5e469a1ff5fce93c9c8bebd3ce80

The "Test" under "SCM details" for other repositories that were added sooner, works fine. No timeout, but "Connection succeeded".

If I clone the repository manually on the Fisheye server (windows command line) with the same username and password, it works. So it must be the Fisheye front/backend, in my opinion.

Any tips?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events