add repo on windows 8

Sergey Ivanov May 19, 2014

Hello, how can I fix the problem (for generated key too) on windows 8:

Error testing connection.
Error talking to repository:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@ WARNING: UNPROTECTED PRIVATE KEY FILE! @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Permissions 0644 for 'key' are too open.
It is recommended that your private key files are NOT accessible by others.
This private key will be ignored.
bad permissions: ignore key: key
Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

at com.atlassian.fisheye.git.GitScmConfig.testConnection(GitScmConfig.java:148)
at com.cenqua.fisheye.RepositoryConfig.testConnection(RepositoryConfig.java:441)
at com.atlassian.fisheye.spi.admin.impl.DefaultRepositoryAdminService.testConnectionFor(DefaultRepositoryAdminService.java:682)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

Connection failed.

2 answers

0 votes
lpater
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2014

Hi Sergey,

What version of FishEye are you using? There was a change in 3.3.1 that might be related - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-5084(and https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-4984).

Before 3.3.1 we tried to set permissions on the key files. As it only worked in some cases, and there is no reliable api to do that on Windows we stopped trying to do that, relying on the administrator to set up the permissions for the FISHEYE_INST directory appropriately.

The error you're getting seems to come from your ssh client expecting the permissions for the keys to be more restrictive. Please check the permissions using cygwins ls command, and make sure they haven't been changed by FishEye if you're using a version before 3.3.1.

You can't define your own key names for generated ssh keys - any reason you would need that?

0 votes
FelipeA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

Hi Sergey,

Do you have cygwin installed on your Windows 8 machine? Basically you have to locate this 'key' file and change it's permissions to one that allows only you to access it.

chmod 0600 /foo/bar/key

The above command should do the trick.

Best regards,

Felipe Alencastro

Sergey Ivanov May 19, 2014

I have cygwin; I have tried, but it did not help.

And why when I click 'Test connection', seems, fisheye reload key under other generated name? And if I use 'Generate key pair for ssh', how can i define name of generated private key?

Commands continue to return with the exception 'Unable to clone remote repo..':

git clone --bare -v ssh://git@github.com:myrepo.git clone

git clone --bare -v git@github.com:myrepo.git clone

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events