Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are Support Tools not working?

Peter Dyballa September 7, 2017

Hello!

Version: 3.10.6 is installed in FishEye/Crucible 4.4.1 on Ubuntu 16 LTS Linux in Amazon Web Services (AWS, EC2).

The FishEye/Crucible owner can list and view the log file:

fisheye@production-scm:~$ ls -l /srv/fisheye/var/log/atlassian-fisheye-2017-09-07.log

-rw-r--r-- 1 fisheye fisheye 1092298 Sep 7 10:28 /srv/fisheye/var/log/atlassian-fisheye-2017-09-07.log

When I try to run the scan I get: "We couldn't run the log analyzer. There was a problem running the log analyzer. You could try again by clicking Scan."

The "Learn More" document, https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/log-scanner-and-scheduled-log-scanner-790796841.html, starts with mentioning Internet connection. This is established because I can manually download https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/files/179443532/792498168/1401/1504769376901/fisheye_regex_v2.xml with wget:

-rw-rw-r-- 1 fisheye fisheye 261814 Sep 7 10:33 fisheye_regex_v2.xml

An HTTP proxy is not set up because not needed. The direct connection to Internet is controlled by Amazon CloudFront. The server's Security Group allows bidirectional access in HTTP (INBOUND restricted to 52.85.183.0/24, unrestricted does not work either) and HTTPS.

Could it work to pass the downloaded file to Support Tools if they cannot fetch it? What else could cause that "denial of service?"

--

Pete

1 answer

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2018

Hi @Peter Dyballa,

Version: 3.10.6 is installed in FishEye/Crucible 4.4.1 

What you said above is confusing. Are you running Fisheye/Crucible 3.10.6 or 4.4.1?

The symptom described does seem to be related to proxy.

There is an existing bug in the Support Tools Plugin (nowadays called Atlassian Troubleshooting and Support Tools Plugin  - ATST) which states that the Log Analyzer fails to run when reverse proxy is configured in FishEye / Crucible.

Can you try the workaround and the fix mentioned in the bug report?

Hopefully this helps!

Felipe

Peter Dyballa July 4, 2018

Hello Felipe!

One Year ago I found that situation with different versions of FishEye/Crucible and its support tools. Reason was that the support tools did not upgrade over Internet (anymore?). This Year I found where up-to-date versions could be accessed and tried to fetch a file with up-to-date support tools and install them manually. Could be they're quite up-to-date now, could be it works to upgrade them over Internet (I don't remember exactly). Since FishEye/Crucible is not allowing logins since a few months (see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Fisheye-Crucible-questions/FishEye-Crucible-4-5-3-Starter-License-don-t-work-on-Ubuntu-16/qaq-p/816512?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=immediate_general_reply&utm_content=topic) I cannot do anything more.

--

Pete

Peter Dyballa July 4, 2018

According to atlassian-fisheye-2018-07-04.log we are using FishEye version 4.5.3 with Atlassian Troubleshooting and Support Tools version 1.8.9.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events