cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchers in Crucible Reviews?

Brent Villalobos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2012

In our current code review workflow (which is email based), the author specifies a primary reviewer, but the entire development team receives an email about that code review. This puts a specific person on the hook for the review but everyone knows about it and can join in if they think they have something relevant to add to the review. However, it looks like the only people who receive a notification about the review are the people specified or invited as a reviewer or moderator.

Does Crucible support any type of watcher/observer role? Or is it possible to specify certain email addresses/groups to receive notifications when someone creates a new code review? I'm thinking of something similar to how someone can add watchers to a JIRA ticket. Any solutions?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2012

Actually a very trivial one. Use your group email-id as a user in your Crucible user administration, and select that group while creating reviews. Automatically everyone will come to know about this.

Another option is to set the default reviewers as this group email id (provided every review of one project goes to the same group) so that while creating reviews there is no need to remember about adding this group name additionally.

John Henckel December 15, 2013

Unfortunately this work-around "wastes" one of your users. Our license only allow 10 developers, and it would be a pity to waste one of them just to get the "watcher" feeture. I guess I can just add the group email to the "invited" list, instead.

1 vote
Brent Villalobos
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2012

Found a solution that works for me. I just specify the team's email list address in the "invited reviewers" section when creating the review. This way they get an email, but they aren't added as an official reviewer.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2012

Yes, that is what I meant in my post. I guess you need to add that team-email as a user into Crucible, right?

Brent Villalobos
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2012

Not sure about whether the team email needs to be a user in Crucible. I just added the team's email address and it worked. But we're hooked up through LDAP so the team email address is probably already in the system.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2012

Oh, that's good to know.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events