Use Fisheye command line to automate rescan on Subversion commit message edit

Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2015

Since you can't comment on the documentation anymore (boo!), I'd note that if your Subversion repository allows changes to unversioned properties (e.g. edit commit messages), you can have Fisheye automatically rescan the change via a Post-revision Property Change Hook utilizing a Fisheye command-line option

Our Fisheye and Subversion are co-hosted on a Windows server and the FISHEYE_HOME environment variable is configured, so the below works for us:

@ECHO OFF

setlocal

set REPOS=%1

set REV=%2

set PROJ=RepoName

set FE="%FISHEYE_HOME%\bin\fisheyectl.bat"

%FE% rescan %PROJ% %REV% %REV% >&2

exit

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2015

And since Atlassian Answers wasn't really designed work as a user suggestion forum, which is why I really miss the ability to allow comments on documentation, I must mark my own "question" as "answered". 

0 votes
lpater
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2015

Another approach to doing this would be using the /rest-service-fecru/admin/repositories/{name}/rescan-metadata REST api.

That way you can trigger the scan from any machine that can reach FishEye/Crucible via HTTP, not only from the host that's running it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events