Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to index repository

Tummala February 2, 2018

Hi,

I did upgrade the fisheye/crucible from 4.1 to latest 4.5.2 .Fisheye fails to index the SVN repository. And the following error message is appearing at UI when trying to start the repository:

can you please advise

svn issue.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2018

Dear @Tummala,

just to validate your credentials, can you create a new repo with the upper credentials and see if fisheye can connect?

So long

Thomas

Tummala February 2, 2018

Hi Thomas,

1. The repo URL, username/pwd are correct - tested it via web browser

2. I had other repos setup in our Fisheye and it's running fine no issues with indexing.

Thanks

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2018

So the issue remains only at one repository?

Tummala February 2, 2018

yes.

Did something change with svn client in new fisheye 4.5.2 version?

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 2, 2018

Ok. Then please create a new repository beside the one, that is not working, with the same credentials.

Tummala February 2, 2018

I am not able to create a new repository with same credentials .

when clicked on Test connection I got same error 

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 2, 2018

Perfect! Then I recommend to disable the old and continue with the new. It seems that there is some kind of data, that got corrupted.

Aby John February 5, 2018

HI Thomas,

I am getting the same error for all the repos. What is the problem why it is not working for me. Can you help me to solve this issue. recently i have upgraded the version 4.5.2 but previously it was in 4.5.1 that time also it was not working.

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 6, 2018

Don't get you - now all repos have errors? You wrote some post before, that only one repo had the error.

To help you best, can you give me more information on what you currently configured? Some screen shots perhaps?

so long

Thomas

Tummala February 6, 2018

Hi Thomas,

sorry for the delay , i am still having issues when creating new repos after the upgrade.

existing repos work fine no issues.

Are there any issues with SVN client with version 4.5.2?

i was looking at this article https://confluence.atlassian.com/fisheye/svn-authentication-issues-298977099.html

any help appreciated,

Thanks

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 6, 2018

Dear @Tummala,

have you tried to connect on command line from your Fisheye Server

svn co svn://host/repo 

So long

Thomas

Tummala February 6, 2018

I  get the below errorsvn issue002.jpg :

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 6, 2018

Dear @Tummala,

can you do a

nmap <hostname>

to see which ports are open? But so far it seems there is no route to the host. If you cannot connect via Command line, fisheye will also not work.

So long

Thomas

Tummala February 7, 2018

Hi Thomas,

sorry for the delay , the problem in my scenario was the user did not have access to the folder level in SVN repo when added access . I was able to setup repo in fisheye and test connection was successful. Appreciate your time for looking into it.

Thanks again!

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2018

Dear @Tummala,

glad, that your problem is solved. Anyway, if you found my support useful, and it could be also useful for others, please "accept" the top most answer.

Many Thanks

Thomas

Tummala February 7, 2018

Done. Thanks again for troubleshooting tips.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events