It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

UTF-8 support in Crucible

According to the documentation the default charset in Crucible is UTF-8. But all our UTF-8 files we commit are not properly shown in the reviews (meaning, that all special characters - like "ä" for example - are shown as some cryptic signs). Same problem applies to Fisheye.

(We run the version 3.4.4 of Fisheye/Crucible)

Is there a setting to enable UTF-8?

The mentioned Repository setting in the documentation is not available on all our Mercurial repositories.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Thomas Atlassian Team Aug 10, 2014

Hi Reto,

Could you try the following:

1. Stop your FishEye instance
  2. Create an environment variable called JAVA_OPTS with a value of "-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8" without the quotes
  3. Start FishEye

Hi Jeff. Thanks a lot. Your answer worked! But because we start Fisheye using the service wrapper, I added the following line to the wrapper.conf file:

wrapper.java.additional.13=-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

(Replace 13 with the next free number in your file.)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Data Center

Calling Community members who have upgraded to Data Center (or are thinking about it)

Hey Community, my name is Jacob and I’m a Product Marketing Manager on the Data Center team. We want to hear from you! We understand that the move to our Data Center products doesn’t happen overnight...

96 views 5 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you