Turn fisheye on/off during crucible eval

Alan Qian May 25, 2012

Hi, I am currently evaluating Crucible. Apparently the eval license for Crucible comes with a full Fisheye as well. I want to just evaluate Crucible on its own (since it can run with Fisheye Light without me paying for Fisheye). I managed to turn FishEye off by deleting its 'eval' license on the /admin > System Settings > System Info page. Now FishEye says 'Disabled'. Does this mean FishEye is not running at all, or is the light version still running? How do I turn the full version of FishEye back on?

2 answers

0 votes
Alok kumar Singh May 29, 2012

When navigation to the Fisheye Plugin page under, Administration > Plugins > FishEye Plugin, JIRA shows that the plugin is disabled and the enable link to activate the plugin is missing. This occurs if the FishEye plugin was disabled in a previous version of JIRA....

0 votes
rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2012

When you remove the FishEye license key, the full version is no longer running.
The "light" version is still running, otherwise Crucible wouldn't be able to retrieve information from your version control system.

If you want to start using the full version of FishEye again, replace the "Disabled" text in the license key field with the FishEye license key.

Alan Qian May 28, 2012

Thanks Rene. I did replace the 'Disabled' string with 'Evaluation' as I remember that was the previous license text. But after clicking on 'Update', and going back to the license edit page (even after restarting the server), the FishEye License went back to 'Disabled'.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events