Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to get Crucible to start and link with JIRA

Rob Harwood-Smith September 28, 2017

Hi - our Atlassian administrator has gone to pastures new, and I am trying to get Crucible going.

We have been using JIRA with Fisheye (integrated with Perforce) for a while now.  We also trialed Crucible a while back (possibly) on a different installation.

Today I got a Crucible license, and have downloaded and installed it.  I am trying to get it to hook in with our existing Jira/FishEye setup.  However I can't see any evidence that Crucible is running, and I can't load the admin page - HTTP 403 Forbidden error.

I am clearly out of my depth, I have tried to read through the online help and my problems don't seem to match the documentation well enough for me to work out what to do.

Update

I think my fisheye is running of a different port - hence the 403 error? 

If I go to the admin page for fisheye on the correct port for fisheye (8081 in my case) I do not see Crucible anywhere....

I have bought a license, but as it is a starter license (and post July 17) I can't get support.  If I can't get support I can't get started.  If I can't get started we will never move on up to the higher licensing tiers. This is NOT good for anybody.  Please someone point me in the right direction or offer some support - otherwise we will have to start looking at alternaives to JIRA, Fisheye and Crucible.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2017

Hi @Rob Harwood-Smith,

Please note that Fisheye and Crucible are downloaded in a single package and run as a single instance. You just choose to enable one and / or the other by configuring a valid license for each in their respective license text areas, as can be seen here:FECRU_update_license

It looks to me, however, that you have downloaded and installed Crucible separately. That approach will not allow you to integrate it with your existing Jira / Fisheye setup.

All you need to do is follow the document Updating your Crucible license, in order to configure the Crucible license key along with your existing Fisheye license, which should allow you to run Crucible and Fisheye together, as a single instance.

You can also safely delete the separate Crucible installation and continue using just the Fisheye installation, which from now onwards will be a Fisheye + Crucible installation.

More information about this can be found in our Crucible and FishEye documentation.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or need any further clarifications.

Rob Harwood-Smith October 2, 2017

Thanks for your assistance - I am now working!

I think there is something strange with our installation as the pages displayed in the admin area, seem different depending on my route in?  But by entering via the host:configured port/admin worked for me, then selected the system Settings and after a few seconds the correct page displayed.  Somehow I had previously got confused and applied the license on anther page, which had no affect.

In short - not sure how I was getting it wrong before, but your help has got me started!  Thanks.

Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2017

Hi @Rob Harwood-Smith,

It's great to hear that!

The administration panel should be the same for both products, as they run as a single instance and use the same settings (e.g., SSL settings, proxy, mail server, etc).

According Administering Fisheye, there are three ways of reaching the administration panel:

• by logging in to FishEye using an administrator's account and clicking the 'cog' icon next to your profile picture.
  • by clicking Administration at the foot of the screen and entering the admin password.
  • by navigating to http://HOSTNAME:8060/admin/, where HOSTNAME is the name of the server on which you installed Fisheye.

As your original question was answered, I will mark it as accepted solution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events