Specify a path for a crucible project

Claudius Hagen June 28, 2017

I have configured ONE repository in crucible/fisheye for our whole huge SVN repo. I also configured the "symbolic rules" so it can tell different things in the repo apart, e.g. project1 and project2 can be found with their branches and versions in fisheye, so that part works.

Now I want to configure projects in Crucible.... but I can only configure a REPO to use, not a PATH! This way all my projects in crucible think they use all the same code! This makes all the project configuration kindof useless.

See this screenshot. This project does not have 1,5M LoC for sure...

crucible.PNG

I would like to change the path displayed here, but how?

Otherwise I can see only 2 solutions:
- Create a Repo for every project (means A LOT of administration!)
- Don't use projects and just use the default CR project

Is there any other solution?

2 answers

0 votes
Claudius Hagen June 29, 2017

Hi Grzegorz,

the "Configure paths" option works pretty good at first sight and is easy to configure (in same GUI, no re-index required). I can also add more than one path for more complicated projects.
Only disadvantage I can see is that we will need a FishEye license for it to work. But I guess not for every Crucible user I guess?

The Directory Scanning Plugin seems not to be the solution here. It only scans directories for new (real) repositories, but what we would need here is a detection of new directories in a SVN repository (about what the symbolic path thingy does)

As our repo still indexes in a tolerable amount of time, I'll go with solution A.

The idea of manually separating one SVN repo into 50 FishEye "Repos" and then manually creating 50 projects just makes no sense to me. As the scanner already separates my commits into branches automatically (which works good) it could be a lot easier...

0 votes
Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2017

Technically it is possible to configure paths for a Crucible project. But this function was rather designed to allow users use more than one repository in a single project. I'm not entairly sure how it's going to work in your use case. 

However, having so big single SVN repository in FishEye is generally not recommended from performance reasons and it's better to have it splitted in FishEye. 

If you're worried about administration work to add every project from your SVN repository as a separate FishEye repository, you might want to consider using Directory Scanning Plugin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events