Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Commit not working as expected

Jeff Scarsbrook October 29, 2012

I have the installed version of JIRA and Fisheye/Crucible. I have set up App Links in both JIRA and Fisheye/Crucible. I also set up the Project Links in Fisheye/Crucible. Both Smart Commits options are enabled in the Fisheye/Crucible admin settings. I have just one JIRA project, and just one Crucible project. Our Fisheye is tied to our GitHub repositories.

When I commit using the commit command CLA-1 #comment test JIRA commits, it shows up in JIRA when I open that issue under the Commit tab. However, when I look at the Commits tab, it shows CLA-1 #comment test JIRA commits. There is no comment created with the text "test JIRA commits", as I would expect. However, it was clearly able to tie it to the JIRA issue.

Also, I tried the commit message, Testing code review +review, and no code review shows up anywhere in Crucible. I can see the commit in the Fisheye activity, but the review was not created. Even though it should automatically do it when there's only 1 Crucible project, I also tried the commit command with the Crucible project name after the +review phrase, and still nothing appeared.

Does anybody have any suggestions on why the # commands in the JIRA issue and the +review command in Crucible are not working?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Scarsbrook November 13, 2012

I ended up opening a ticket and we tried multiple things before getting it to work. I added an IP to the Outgoing Auth section of my App Link. The main issue had to do with a synching issue with our Crowd installation. We now have it working, although I did just have a user use the +review on a commit message and it didn't create a review. We're thinking it could be due to a '#' character that he had in his commit message, and maybe that caused a parsing error.

0 votes
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2012

Hi Stephen,

Check the following:

• in JIRA, FishEye plugin installed is at least version 3.4.5 . Check via Administrations > Plugins > Manage Plugins
  • in FishEye, all module for the "

FishEye/Crucible JIRA Smart Commit Plugin" and "

FishEye/Crucible Review Smart Commit Plugin"

plugins are enabled via Administrations > System Settings

If the commit still does not work, I would recommend paste the error to this thread with the sensitive data has been replace with XXXX . If there is no error found in the log, create support ticket in https://support.atlassian.com and attach Support Zip for both JIRA and FishEye .

All the best.

Jeff Scarsbrook October 29, 2012

Janet,

Thanks for the suggestions. We just installed everything this past week, so everything should be up-to-date. My Fisheye Plugin in JIRA shows as Version 5.0.7 and in Fisheye, all modules are enabled that you listed.

I looked in the atlassian-jira.log, but didn't see anything about the commit. Should I be looking at a different log file? The weird thing is that it does obviously recognize the Issue Number from the commit message, since the commit does show up in JIRA under the commit tab and source tab for that Issue. However, none of the #commands (time, comment, or workflow transition), nor the +review command seem to do anything at all.

Does anybody have any other suggestions? If not, I suppose I'll create a support ticket and await a response there.

prabhakar s June 24, 2014

Even for me , when i try to commit using hg, it recognizes the ticket correctly and updates the source tab, however the command #comment doesnot work

The email i get is as below

Due to the following errors, the smart commits were not actioned and will need to be performed manually.

Error processing DEM-22 #comment Fix for
FishEye could not comment on the issue DEM-22 because authentication with the JIRA server failed. Pleaseauthenticate with JIRA from FishEye. You can find more about OAuth configuration in the documentation .

See the documentation for how to invoke JIRA Issue Transitions automatically.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events