Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Commit across projects?

Neal Tovsen February 28, 2012

This is for the OnDemand product...

We have several projects for the purposes of maintaining separate SVN repositories, but we manage all our tasks in one JIRA proejct. I'm trying to have the team start using Smart Commit, but having trouble.

We get the following error as an email after making the commit:

Error processing CORE-70 #Comment Made some changes and did some stuff.
FishEye was unable to comment on the issue CORE-70. There is no mapped project "CORE" for repository "REST".

When I click on the link in the email regarding how to create the proper applicaiton links, it takes me to some help pages that look like they're probably the on-premise versions of the products...or at least I can't find those admin pages in OnDemand.

I found the "Manage Project Links" area of the OnDemand page. I've tried creating links both from CORE to REST and from REST to CORE, but still get the same error.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 vote
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2012

At the moment, this isn't possible in OnDemand. We have JST-5811 open to track the feature request. Please feel free to vote on and comment that issue. You can also watch it to learn when there is an eventual resolution.

Bruce Dean June 26, 2012

The JST-5811 link seems to describe more function than I'm looking for. I'd like to verify that a simpler situation is currently not possible in the OnDemand instance, no matter how much configuration I do:

Can I have a Project named "FOO" (with issues "FOO-1", "FOO-2", etc.), and a different Project named "BAR" that was created in order to import an SVN project named "BAR", and then have an SVN checkin to "BAR" affect a "FOO" issue?

And so, in other words, for Smart Commits to work, for a given SVN trunk, I can only have one JIRA project associated with that trunk (and it must have the same name)?

thanks,

bruce

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events