Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up crucible with Perforce : Crucible is not using the user I configured (not SYSTEM)

valipost nicolas March 11, 2015

Hello.

I'm trying to set up crucible (Evaluation version). I've configured my Perforce repository like I should, with a user with read/write rights - no super user -, lets say "userA"

When I run the connection test, it gives me

Perforce Server Version: P4D/LINUX26X86_64/2014.2/978861 (2014/12/19)
Perforce Server Time: 2015/03/11 16:55:40 +0100 CET
Non-zero
 exit status determining latest revision: 
com.atlassian.utils.process.ProcessException:Non-zero exit code: 1 | 
Access for user 'testSwarm' has not been enabled by 'p4 protect'.

I don't know where he got the 'testSwarm' user, but it's nowhere to be found in my Perforce config files. (I've checked P4USER/P4PORT just to make sure it was not my environnement)

Any idea on how to make crucible use the "userA" instead of "testSwarm" ? Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2015

Hi,

It seems this is happening because of the following bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-2922.

As per its description, when show advanced settings isn't checked, it will ignore the user you are specifying when adding the repository and will instead try to use the user running Crucible.

Could you please follow the workaround for this bug, which consists just in checking the show advanced settings box and try adding this repository again?

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

Sergey Svishchev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2015

check $HOME/.p4tickets as well

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events