Setting up crucible with Perforce : Crucible is not using the user I configured (not SYSTEM)

Hello.

I'm trying to set up crucible (Evaluation version). I've configured my Perforce repository like I should, with a user with read/write rights - no super user -, lets say "userA"

When I run the connection test, it gives me

Perforce Server Version: P4D/LINUX26X86_64/2014.2/978861 (2014/12/19)
Perforce Server Time: 2015/03/11 16:55:40 +0100 CET
Non-zero
 exit status determining latest revision: 
com.atlassian.utils.process.ProcessException:Non-zero exit code: 1 | 
Access for user 'testSwarm' has not been enabled by 'p4 protect'.

I don't know where he got the 'testSwarm' user, but it's nowhere to be found in my Perforce config files. (I've checked P4USER/P4PORT just to make sure it was not my environnement)

Any idea on how to make crucible use the "userA" instead of "testSwarm" ? Thank you

1 answer

Hi,

It seems this is happening because of the following bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-2922.

As per its description, when show advanced settings isn't checked, it will ignore the user you are specifying when adding the repository and will instead try to use the user running Crucible.

Could you please follow the workaround for this bug, which consists just in checking the show advanced settings box and try adding this repository again?

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

check $HOME/.p4tickets as well

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #2: Let’s talk severity levels

Welcome to your weekly Jira Ops Early access program update, where we’re sharing news and updates on Jira Ops' progress as we work toward our 1.0 release. If you ever want to drop us feedback or idea...

36 views 0 0
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you