Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision numbers for multiple projects seem to add up?

Gurgen Torosjan August 8, 2012

Hi! I have a question about svn-fisheye combo. I have multiple projects set up in my ondemand instance.

When I checked out one of my projects i noticed that right after creation it had a revision number of 32 which coincides with latest svn revision number on my other project. This is confusing, as i assumed that each project's svn repo is individual, and would have individual revision numbers, am i wrong? And the actual set up is that each "repo" is actually a branch of a single big repo that is attached to my ondemand instance (so that each project i set up becomes a branch with its own pseudo repo structure)?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
TimT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2012
Yes, you've got it. There is a single repository shared across all projects. Each project is a top-level directory within the repository. The main benefit of this approach is that you can copy or move files and directories between projects using normal svn commands and retain all of the history. Separate repos wouldn't allow for that. As you've noticed, the consequence of this is that revision numbers are also shared across projects.
Gurgen Torosjan August 8, 2012

Thanks a lot for the clarification. Let me ask you, with "on demand" set up, if there is a need (for whatever reason) to have real separate repos for each project, is it possible?

TimT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2012

No, there isn't a way to create multiple repos in OnDemand.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events