Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename User Error > "This username is already in use"

tim.stauffer February 20, 2018

I am trying to configure Fisheye / Crucible to authenticate users using their Active Directory credentials; currently they are authenticated using the Fisheye / Crucible "Internal Directory."  I need rename existing users so that their usernames match what is in Active Directory.  When I try to rename users, however, I receive the error, "This username is already in use."  There are no users with the new names currently listed under "Users," however.

I do note that in the process of configuring the Active Directory authentication, I accidentally added a directory with the type "Microsoft Active Directory" rather than "Internal with LDAP Authentication" and then selecting "Microsoft Active Directory" as the type; as a result, Active Directory users and Groups were all synced with Fisheye / Crucible.  After realizing my error, I removed that directory and created a new directory of type "Internal with LDAP Authentication" using "Microsoft Active Directory" as the type/authentication source.

Is the old Active Directory sync information stuck in the system somewhere?  If so, is there a method to clear it out?

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2018

Dear @tim.stauffer,

I think the data from the sync is still for Fisheye "available". Best you remove the external user directory completely. I don't know, if a restart is required, but it my not harm Fisheye.

So long

Thomas

tim.stauffer February 21, 2018

Thanks.  I had removed the original Microsoft Active Directory user directory.  I have since remove the "Internal with LDAP Authenitication" directory, but the issue persists.  I have not attempted the restart as I am waiting for some indexing to finish, but I will try that soon.

tim.stauffer February 22, 2018

Restarted; no change.

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2018

Dear @tim.stauffer,

somehow you need to flush Fisheye's memory. The solution left: have a look in the DB. But changing this is high risky.

I would recommend to contact the Atlassian Support. Because in the end it is a kind of "buggy" behavior.

So long

Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events