Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving "The database is not using Unicode. Crucible requires that the database uses a UTF8 encoding to support internalization".

William Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2012

I am receiving this error when I attempt to test the Fisheye connection, even though I unchecked the Crucible option during the initial setup.

I setup a mySQL database and user as seen below. The SQL database is running on a separate server from the Fisheye install.

CREATE DATABASE fish_db character set utf8;

CREATE USER 'fishdbuser'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'passwd';

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON fish_db.* TO 'fishdbuser'@'192.168.200.14' IDENTIFIED BY 'passwd' WITH GRANT OPTION;

On the Database Configuration page my settings are:

Type: MySQL

Driver Location: Bundled

URL: jdbc:mysql:192.168.200.14:3306/fish_db

User Name: fishdbuser

Password: passwd

Minimum Pool Connections: 5

Maxiumum Pool Connections: 20

Parameters: useUnicode=true

characterEncoding=UTF8

connectionCollation=UTF8_bin

I've logged into the SQL server and performed the following with success:

use fish_db;

show databases;

+--------------------------------------+

| Database |

+---------------------------------------

| information_schema |

| crowd_db |

| fish_db |

| jira_db |

| mysql |

+---------------------------------------+

As you can see, I have both jira and crowd databases working from this same instance. I don't understand why Crucible is even being considered when I unchecked the box for the Crucible setup.

I've dropped the database and user a few times and recreated, but that hasn't resolved the issue. I've flushed the privileges as well, but nothing seems to work.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stijn Bienkens May 4, 2012

Use collation utf8_bin for the database and it should work.

0 votes
Suchi August 6, 2014

Hi All,

I am getting the same error for MSSQL server 2008. I have given connectionCollation='SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS' but same error.

Can any one please guide what are the require parameters need to defined for SQLSERVER2008 connection?

Thanks,

Suchi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events