Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready Reviews are in draft mode when created with a smart commits

Reto Conconi February 8, 2012

Hi

since some days most of the reviews we create using smart commits (but not all of them) remain in the draft state. Before (a few days ago), the reviews were always started automatically (which is desirable for us). We don't know what made Crucible to change this behavior.

We use Crucible with an agile permission scheme and have deactivated the moderator for our project. Additionally we allow any developer to join a review at any time. Our developers usually create reviews by using a smart commit in their subversion commit messages. Let's say user1 commits a bug-fix with following commit message:

JIRAKEY-12 Fixed bug
+review CRUCIBLE @user2

Up to the last week this commit created a new review and added user2 as reviewer, user1 as author, and then the review was started automatically.

Now when user1 uses the same commit message, review is created but it stays in draft mode (in most of the cases ~90%). The user1 then has to go to crucible and click start (no other action is necessary to start the review).

Can somebody help us? Is there a configuration we overlooked? We have no clue why Crucible suddenly stopped starting reviews. And again: some reviews still get automatically started, but most of them not. And so far we do not see what we do differently in those commit messages.

We did not change anything in the configuration of our Atlassian servers since January 20 (when we upgraded JIRA/Fisheye/Crucible to their newest versions). We are using the following versions now:

Fisheye/Crucible: 2.7.10
JIRA: 4.4.4

Best regards

Reto Conconi

3 answers

0 votes
James Turner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 15, 2013

I've just written a simple python script that starts all Draft reviews. It runs every 5 minutes, which helps us get over this problem, but might not be ideal for everyone (we never create reviews from the browser, only via smart commits).

James

0 votes
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2013

Hi Reto,

It seems to be caused by this bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-3901

Reto Conconi January 15, 2013

Hi Kah Loun Foong

Thanks for the link.

Reto

0 votes
James Turner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 18, 2012

Hi Reto,

We're having exactly the same problem. It's slightly different because I've created an svn post-commit hook to change the commit message to include the +review <bar> @foo, but the correct message is shown in fisheye after the commit.

Did you solve the problem in the end?

Many thanks

James

Reto Conconi January 15, 2013

Hi James

Thanks for your comment. No we could not solve it so far, we are still having this problem.

Reto

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events