Not able to code review trunk against another branch

Emilio Garcia May 31, 2017

Hallo,

I am testing the free version of FishEye and Crucible 4.4.0 for a svn repo in order to decide if we will acquire the tools, but unfortunately we are not able to make a simple code review display the correct information.

I created the code review by selecting the option "Add content to Review" and then "Choose branches". I wanna compare Trunk against a branch that derives from it. During the creation it shows the correct information:

AddBranch.png

But in the codereview the files displayed are from another branch:

WrongBranch.png

And obvisouly the files shown do not correspond to the same as if I just did a normal "svn diff" between the two branches, trunk and new_gui_menu.

What is super strange is that the branch that is displayed in the info panel of the code review, has already been merged into master and it has been already erased(I know in svn all data stays there even if you erase a branch folder). Before the codereview I rebased new_gui_menu on top of trunk in order to have both at the same status.

By the way, the indexing of crucible was already completed and the tool shows that it is updated.

What could be the reason for this missbehaviour? Is there anything else that I still need to configure? Is this a restriction of the free vesion?

1 answer

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2018

It's not easy to give a good answer without knowing your repository structure, indexing settings and actions you performed in a code review. Few things which comes to my mind:

• you said you were evaluating the product - maybe you added this second branch via 'Add content > Add changesets' option during your exploration?
  • open repository graph (Repositories > your repo > Commit graph tab) and add these two branches and a trunk and check how they were merged

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events