Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in
Deleted user
Level
0 / 0 points
Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

New commits fail to show in activity list for one repository.

We are experiencing an issue with Crucible. Commits to one of our Mercurial repositories do not show in the activity list. There is an error message for the repository: “Repository index failed due to error java.lang.IllegalStateException: Both branchInCache and branchInScm not specified in onBranchHeadUpdated”. Every time we commit we need to reclone and reindex before the commit will show in the activity list. (Administrator->Repository Settings -> Repository -> Select that repository -> Maintenance -> Repository Source Index -> Re-clone and Re-index.)

We are using Fisheye version 4.7.0 2019021400246 and Crucible version 4.7.0 20190214100246. The crucible server is running on Windows 10. The repository is Mercurial-4.5.3 , we did convert our repository from SVN to Mercurial last year. This repository worked fine before we converted. We have several other Mercurial repositories which show the commits in the activity list without any issues.

I guess it is some configuration issue but I have been unable to find any differences between this repository and the ones that work correctly. Can you point us in the direction to solve this issue?

1 answer

0 votes

I recommend raising a ticket on getsupport.atlassian.com. 

I suspect that conversion from Subversion to Mercurial may have produced a corrupted repository. As a result, Fisheye is not able to correctly handle it. I checked that the "Both branchInCache and branchInScm not specified in onBranchHeadUpdated" message is being logged in the context of branch head update. You can enable debug logging to get more information which branches it's trying to refresh.

Thanks for the suggestion.  We tried cloning the repository and and replacing it to see if that fixes it.  We have a starter license so do not have support.  I enabled debug logging I'll see what it shows.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

ThinkTilt is joining the Atlassian Family!

This morning, Atlassian announced the acquisition of ThinkTilt , the maker of ProForma, a no-code/low code form builder with 700+ customers worldwide. ThinkTilt helps IT empower any team in their or...

272 views 16 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you