New commits fail to show in activity list for one repository.

John Tarbotton April 16, 2019

We are experiencing an issue with Crucible. Commits to one of our Mercurial repositories do not show in the activity list. There is an error message for the repository: “Repository index failed due to error java.lang.IllegalStateException: Both branchInCache and branchInScm not specified in onBranchHeadUpdated”. Every time we commit we need to reclone and reindex before the commit will show in the activity list. (Administrator->Repository Settings -> Repository -> Select that repository -> Maintenance -> Repository Source Index -> Re-clone and Re-index.)

We are using Fisheye version 4.7.0 2019021400246 and Crucible version 4.7.0 20190214100246. The crucible server is running on Windows 10. The repository is Mercurial-4.5.3 , we did convert our repository from SVN to Mercurial last year. This repository worked fine before we converted. We have several other Mercurial repositories which show the commits in the activity list without any issues.

I guess it is some configuration issue but I have been unable to find any differences between this repository and the ones that work correctly. Can you point us in the direction to solve this issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2019

I recommend raising a ticket on getsupport.atlassian.com. 

I suspect that conversion from Subversion to Mercurial may have produced a corrupted repository. As a result, Fisheye is not able to correctly handle it. I checked that the "Both branchInCache and branchInScm not specified in onBranchHeadUpdated" message is being logged in the context of branch head update. You can enable debug logging to get more information which branches it's trying to refresh.

John Tarbotton May 9, 2019

Thanks for the suggestion.  We tried cloning the repository and and replacing it to see if that fixes it.  We have a starter license so do not have support.  I enabled debug logging I'll see what it shows.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events