Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MySQL won't start after setting server character set to UTF-8

Michael Weber July 11, 2020

I'm following the instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/crucible/migrating-to-mysql-298977509.html to get a Crucible evaluation installation running with MySQL 5.7.29 on Windows Server 2012 R2. If I follow the step to edit my.ini to set character-set-server=utf8, then upon the next attempt to start MySQL, it gets stuck in the starting state, with no new messages in the .err file to indicate what is wrong. Doesn't use CPU or disk, just stuck. And even after killing it with task manager and removing the character-set-server=utf8 line from my.ini, the same thing happens. Once this change is made, it always gets stuck starting, and I have not found a fix. I tried uninstalling / reinstalling MySQL, and the same thing happened. So with the third installation, I'm leaving the server at latin1 and creating the fisheye database set to the latin1 character set (given the note in the above link that the db and server character sets must match), and hoping for the best ...

Are there updated instructions available for getting MySQL running with Crucible with a utf8 character set?

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Hi @Michael Weber , 

Did you find some solution, please share ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events