Link OnDemand JIRA with self-hosted SVN

We'd like to be able to host JIRA on our servers but have it integrated with our OnDemand JIRA. Currently we have the developers commit to SVN and then copy the link to our legacy Trac system and paste it as a comment in the JIRA ticket.

Now, I know that the following are not supported

1. OnDemand support of svn:externals
  2. Using Application Linking between OnDemand JIRA and a self-hosted Fisheye

and correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that these won't be supported any time soon.

So I was wondering, would this work?

• Using svnsync so that we can commit to our self-hosted SVN repository but also use OnDemand Fisheye with OnDemand JIRA

If not, is there any other way to link OnDemand JIRA with a self-hosted SVN?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi David,

I believe your assumption on point 2 is incorrect. You are able to link a JIRA OnDemand instance to a self-hosted Fisheye instance. Here is a great guide outlining this process:

It is important to note the restrictions on the ports for the Fisheye instance.

Wow cool! I'll check it out. Is this a recent thing? I checked last fall and thought that it wasn't supported then. Was I incorrect?

Hi David,

I understand this was applicable from late Oct 2012 :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Mar 09, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

E.L. Fridge's take on education, Jira Service Desk, and creative Jira use cases

...word of mouth, so by 2016, we were working with several other entities on campus to implement Jira Service Desk . The Atlassian motto of “for every team” has really come true for us in this case. We...

342 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot