Link OnDemand JIRA with self-hosted SVN

David Somers-Harris February 28, 2013

We'd like to be able to host JIRA on our servers but have it integrated with our OnDemand JIRA. Currently we have the developers commit to SVN and then copy the link to our legacy Trac system and paste it as a comment in the JIRA ticket.

Now, I know that the following are not supported

1. OnDemand support of svn:externals
  2. Using Application Linking between OnDemand JIRA and a self-hosted Fisheye

and correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that these won't be supported any time soon.

So I was wondering, would this work?

• Using svnsync so that we can commit to our self-hosted SVN repository but also use OnDemand Fisheye with OnDemand JIRA

If not, is there any other way to link OnDemand JIRA with a self-hosted SVN?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2013

Hi David,

I believe your assumption on point 2 is incorrect. You are able to link a JIRA OnDemand instance to a self-hosted Fisheye instance. Here is a great guide outlining this process: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Integrating+JIRA+OnDemand+with+FishEye

It is important to note the restrictions on the ports for the Fisheye instance.

Cheers,

Paul

Wow cool! I'll check it out. Is this a recent thing? I checked last fall and thought that it wasn't supported then. Was I incorrect?

Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2013

Hi David,

I understand this was applicable from late Oct 2012 :)

Good news. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events