Limit not working while fetching data using REST API

While fetching data usin REST calls from fisheye and crucile, the limit parameter is not working. Is there any alternative for it?

1 answer

1 vote

Hi Shruti,

Please note not every FishEye/Crucible REST API method supports pagination, the ones that do support have it explicitely mentioned in the documentation. 

Let me know what URL are you trying to hit so I can clarify if pagination is supported for this endpoint or if there is alternative paginated endpoint that could be used instead. 

Hi, I tried limiting data while fetching repositories. Here's the query,

Inspite of applying limit=1, I'm getting all the list of repositories. I am facing same issue with other queries as well (Eg. users, revisionInfo etc).

note GET request to resource lists all the repositories, while GET request to similar resource retrieves a page of repositories.  The latter use paginated API.

Similary use to retrieve page of users etc.

Hope that helps

Hi Piotr,

It worked. Thanks a lot! :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Mar 09, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

E.L. Fridge's take on education, Jira Service Desk, and creative Jira use cases

...word of mouth, so by 2016, we were working with several other entities on campus to implement Jira Service Desk . The Atlassian motto of “for every team” has really come true for us in this case. We...

339 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot