JAVA_HOME error trying to run Crucible

marklemerise January 31, 2012

So I'm getting the classic "JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly. We cannot execute java" error when trying to run Crucible using the run.sh script (for the first time) after installing a standalone JIRA instance. I receive a different error when trying to run without sudo access "Error occurred during initialization of VM. Could not reserve enough space for object heap. Could not create the Java virtual machine."

I have already taken several steps in trying to help myself, mainly:

1. Adjusting JVM max and min memory allotments. This have been adjusted to sizes recommended in the JIRA guide.
  2. Setting JAVA_HOME variable in both /etc/profile and .bashrc. My JDK rests in a folder called /apps/java/jdk1.6.0_25.
  3. Exporting JAVA_HOME variable immediately before running the run.sh script and echoing it to check that it is set.

I really don't know what else to try. Here is a printout of the relevant portion of my /etc/profile configuration:

export JAVA_HOME=/apps/java/jdk1.6.0_25
export PATH=$PATH:/sbin:/usr/sbin:$JAVA_HOME/bin

Any help would be much appreciated. The JIRA instance itself is up and running but I would like to have Crucible/Fisheye going as well. Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Mahalakshmi Sivasamy June 4, 2021

Facing same issue on our instance. Any workaround for this?

0 votes
LeonardoL
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

Hi Mark,

I believe this could be related to memory allocation. Maybe you might want to increase the java heap size in your FISHEYE_OPTS and see if this helps. You can use this link as support:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHKB/Fix+Out+of+Memory+errors+by+increasing+available+memory

Cheers,

Leonardo.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events