Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an easy way to populate user avatars in FishEye?

David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2011

I noticed a folder containing avatars in my FishEye data dir. Can I easily just copy JPGS into that directory so I can create avatars for users quickly? The filenames appear hashed.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2011

I think I found a way. The images are saved by md5 of the fisheye username. They are then saved under the first two characters of the hash:

var/data/avatars/XX/md5hash.image

Can anyone confirm or deny this is OK to do as long as the image is under 2MB?

0 votes
seb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2011

Hi David,

Although this is not supported (and hence not documented), yes, this procedure should work to populate the avatars.

You will need to ensure that all images are square as I cannot guarrantee how FishEye will render the images otherwise (we sanitize avatars when they are uploaded).

Regards,
Seb

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events