Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an API call to update the source under review with new commits?

crbreingan November 10, 2017

I have created a review that is based on a branch from my BitBucket server, but when new commits get added to the branch, the source in the review doesn't update. I have turned on the Auto Update feature, but it doesn't seem to be catching the new commits during the reindex ever 60 seconds. I have to click the "Update now" link on the branch in the review. 

I would like to create a hook that automatically does this for me when the branch is changed, but I can't find any REST API calls to make this happen. I have tried repositories-v1/{repository}/reindex-reviews and repositories-v1/{repository}/scan to no avail. Both returned success, but it didn't change the review. 

1 answer

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2017

Can you confirm that FishEye completed indexing of the new commits and that you can see them when browsing repository? 

I am asking because not having the code review updated automatically when the 'Auto Update' is enabled seems more like a bug. And the REST API is rather obsolete - i.e. simply the bug should be solved.

Charles Breingan December 7, 2017

I can confirm that the indexing had been completed and the changes were visible.

We have a script which automatically creates the review for each pull request, and it uses an undocumented API call to add the branch to the review. So I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. It shows up correctly and auto-update is turned on when I view the review. So I was hoping for a way to force it to update by adding a hook to the BitBucket pull request process for new commits.

crbreingan December 7, 2017

I can confirm that the indexing had been completed and the changes were visible.

We have a script which automatically creates the review for each pull request, and it uses an undocumented API call to add the branch to the review. So I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. It shows up correctly and auto-update is turned on when I view the review. So I was hoping for a way to force it to update by adding a hook to the BitBucket pull request process for new commits

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events