Is there a way to automatically optimize the indexes every day?

I find that fisheye performs better after we have restarted with optimizing indexes. Is there a way to trigger this automatically, preferably without restarting?

2 answers

0 vote

Hi Micah,

According to this document you can configure the polling interval to 1d so FishEye will run the incremental indexing once per day.

Please let me know if this helps.

This talks about polling the repos for new changes... I am asking about the optimize index job that you can do upon restart.

There's no easy way to do this without restart -- perhaps you should open a feature request in

It may be possible to optimize per-repository indexes without restarting whole instance, but you still need to stop the repository for that.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Mar 09, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

E.L. Fridge's take on education, Jira Service Desk, and creative Jira use cases

...word of mouth, so by 2016, we were working with several other entities on campus to implement Jira Service Desk . The Atlassian motto of “for every team” has really come true for us in this case. We...

340 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot