cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InvocationTargetException on FishEye

Gerald Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2020

I just noticed that one of our FishEye instances throws HTTP 500 errors on image related requests.

- https://host.example.com/fisheye/avatar/username?s=40

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException 
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException    
Could not initialize class javax.imageio.ImageIO

- https://host.example.com/fisheye/fe/commitSparkline.do?w=356&h=70&context=user&username=username&imageBackgroundColour=FFFFFF&outputtype=image

- https://host.example.com/fisheye/fe/commitChartHour.do?w=356&h=70&context=user&username=username&imageBackgroundColour=FFFFFF&outputtype=image

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
Could not initialize class org.jfree.chart.encoders.ImageEncoderFactory

On Tuesday the 5th I updated both instances from 4.8.1 to 4.8.2, I assume the problem appeared after the update.

The Log Analyzer doesn't find anything, the server log is not more helpful (can't post it here as it exceeds the maximum post length).

Where can I start to debug this further? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2020

@Gerald Schneider  Since you have upgraded, you will need to add  the below in the block quote  if  you dont have  in   Environment variables 

FISHEYE_OPTS=-Djava.awt.headless=true

Please give feed back.

Kind regards,

Mo

Gerald Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2020

This solved the problem.

Maybe this option should be set directly in FishEye when it is necessary now?

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2020

Well it depends on how  you performed the upgrade, i also think that  if you do it via  the   installer,  in Windows you would need to un-install first  as stated here

Upgrading Fisheye on Windows   it is supposed to  be auto added.  In Unix like OS, I always extract new version installation  files  and see what changed  in the required files  and then add it to my existing file during upgrade  so that i don't miss any thing.

Gerald Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2020

Well, that's exactly what I do. I extract the new version and make all necessary changes to the new files, I don't copy over files from the previous version.

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2020

@Gerald Schneider  Then it definitely has to do with the java  Open JDK  version that  you are using. Mostly likely the package is missing.

Damyan Yordanov June 23, 2020

Setting the option works for me for java jdk8u242-b08. Doesn't seem to work for jdk8u252-b09, though. It really seems that the package is missing there.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events