Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Fisheye and Crucibe on Windows. What installation bundle should I use?

Vladimir Litvinenko September 16, 2018

Hello. I'm confused what installation bundle should I use to install Fisheye and then install Crucible on my Windows server.

I downloaded atlassian-fisheye-4.6.0-x64.exe from https://www.atlassian.com/software/fisheye/download

Then I downloaded file atlassian-crucible-4.6.0-x64.exe from https://www.atlassian.com/software/crucible/download

Each file has almost the same size :

atlassian-crucible-4.6.0-x64.exe is 249887 KB

atlassian-fisheye-4.6.0-x64.exe is 249889 KB

When I installed atlassian-fisheye-4.6.0-x64.exe I got fecru-4.6.0 folder on my hard drive. And in Fisheye's administration control panel (System Info -> Edit License) I can set license for both Fisheye and Crucibe. Dispite I didn't install atlassian-crucible-4.6.0-x64.exe yet.

I also have ability to create Crucible code reviews after installation.

But in "Services" list I see only Atlassian Fisheye serviece with executable path set to: C:\Atlassian\fecru-4.6.0\bin\fecru64.exe "//RS//Atlassian Fisheye"

When I try to install atlassian-crucible-4.6.0-x64.exe it tries to use the same directory fecru-4.6.0 and warns me that directory is already exists and I should backup this directory.

So my question is, do I have to install atlassian-crucible-4.6.0-x64.exe after atlassian-fisheye-4.6.0-x64.exe installation?

Or do each file contains both Crucible and Fisheye and installing one of them brings both tools to my server? And is it enogth to have only one service C:\Atlassian\fecru-4.6.0\bin\fecru64.exe "//RS//Atlassian Fisheye" started on my server to use both Fisheye and Crucible?

1 answer

0 votes
Themis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2018

Hi Vladimir,

it seems you are already all set to use Fisheye and Crucible. Both tools use the same architecture, i.e. when you install one, the other is automatically installed with it. Now, to enable one or both, you just need to enter the appropriate licenses. 

You don't need to install atlassian-crucible-4.6.0-x64.exe. If you can create reviews, Crucible is already enabled! (Fisheye without Crucible does not have the *Reviews* option)

More info in What is the relationship between Fisheye and Crucible?

Hope this answers your question!

Themis

Vladimir Litvinenko September 20, 2018

Themis, thank you! Yes, we already using Fisheye and Crucible functionality after atlassian-fisheye-4.6.0-x64.exe installation. At home I installed trial atlassian-crucible-4.6.0-x64.exe and it has the same functionality.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events