Include 2 LDAP server addresses into Fisheye's config.xml file

Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2014

Hi Community,

I wonder if can I include a second LDAP url into Fisheye's config file as a failout server?

Thanks

2 answers

2 votes
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2014

Actually it is supported, just enter more than one LDAP URL separating them by spaces, e.g. "ldap://ldap1:389 ldap://ldap2:389 ldap://ldap3:389". This is a documented method of creating InitialContext, see section URL for Configuring Service Providers of http://docs.oracle.com/javase/jndi/tutorial/ldap/misc/url.html page if interested.

Kind regards,
Piotr

Sergey Svishchev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2014

But, in FSH-13749 the dev team explicitly said this is not support and no support is planned.

Who's right then?

Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2014

I think there was never formal feature request raised for this so this was not added deliberately. Instead this is side effect of using standard JRE ldap client, apparently valuable one. I have tested that quickly yesterday and seems to be working fine. In order to provide proper load balancing (with health checks and actual load monitoring) one may prefer to look for proper load balancing solution, though.

Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
April 17, 2014

Actually it is supported [by FishEye]

Just to clarify, this is provided by the JNDI LDAP Service Provide from JRE and we have no reasons to think this is not ready for production use. At the same time we have not tested than extensively enough to confirm we support this feature, although we would endeavour to address any issues related to such configuration.

Hope that make sense,

Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 20, 2014

Hi Piotr:

Can you provide me the link of the statement?

Thanks

Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 20, 2014

Well, it's worthy to test and see if there any flaws at my dev instance.

Thanks

Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2014

I would like to see it once this action is ready for production.

Thanks

0 votes
Sergey Svishchev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2014

No, this is not supported by this app (other Atlassian apps are no better).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events