I just installed the evaluation Crucible 3.4, there's no Create Review button in header

abby shen May 15, 2014

I just installed the evaluation Crucible 3.4, there's no Create Review button in header.

What's wrong?

There is an error "You do not have permission to create reviews in any project." when i try to create review

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
abby shen May 15, 2014

I solved it, I need to switch user to active Crucible user.

Tom Davies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2014

Could you please let us know how the user was created? Was it imported from JIRA or Crowd, or did you create it yourself on the Crucible admin page?

0 votes
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2014

By default, if you have a Crucible license (even an eval), then all users created should be active Crucible users by default, until you reach your license limit.

Since an eval license is an unlimited license, I'm not sure how your user was switched to a non-crucible user ?

Brian Bossé May 21, 2014

I had the same issue. Having done nothing in the users interface, the initial user created by setup did not have admin nor Crucible access. Frustrating first experience until I found this question.

sbirgisson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2014

Hi Brian,

I have tried to recreate this on version 3.4, but am unable to see the problem. If you, or anyone else is seeing this problem, please submit an issue in https://support.atlassian.com/and provide details on versions, environments and steps to reproduce the problem.

Some facts:

- Crucible does not by default create any users during setup. Administrator password that is set up is not tied to a user.

- If you set up jira integration in the setup this will import users from Jira.

- Users imported this way into Crucible will be active Crucible users by default, I tested this. Evaluation license is unlimited users, so all imported users get Crucible enabled.

- Fisheye evaluation license will give the option to also evaluate Crucible. Doing this gave me also the same results, imported users having Crucible active flag.

Thank you!

Sigge, QA

Trevor_Horsfall July 30, 2014

I just stumbled across this issue too, but it was because I had an existing Fisheye installation with (local) users. I then added an eval Crucible licence, and followed the guide to get started with Crucible (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CRUCIBLE034/Starting+to+use+Crucible).

After adding my project and fiddling around I was stumped as to why I didn't have a "Create Review" button. Restarted Fisheye/Crucible - didn't fix it. Considered raising a support issue, Googled instead and found this page, went to 'Users' and marked my account as an active Crucible user. Fixed!

Presumably the same thing would happen for users imported from JIRA before the Crucible licence was applied to the installation. Adding a note to the 'Starting to use Crucible' for existing Fishey users would avoid this pitfall. Even adding a troubleshooting page for "Don't see a 'Create Review' button" would help.

Trevor

Claire Walsh August 28, 2014

I also ran into this issue with an new install (eval license) of FishEye/Crucible 3.5.3. After doing the initial setup, I created a user via the "Log in" -> "Signup for an account" links. Users created this way don't get set up as active Crucible users.

When I create a user through the admin interface, it is active by default.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events