Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can log into Jira but cannot log into Confluence

E C January 5, 2019

This is a local install. The instructions online where it is recommended to start confluence manually and prior to that change the setenv.bat file with added line with password inserted unfortunately does not work as confluence does not startup manually.  I was not able to login after wasting considerable time, so I uninstalled and reinstalled Confluence to no avail. I need simple, step-by-step, directions that work. Please help

1 answer

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2019

Hi @E C,

Welcome to the community. 

Did any errors appear when installing confluence? Can you please check the log if any errors are there  ( CONFLUENCE-INSTALL/logs/atlassian-confluence.log).

E C January 6, 2019

Hi Bastian,

I think you are on to something. Being novice I am not sure if I can decipher the details you are looking for. Please advise what should I look for and then how to correct it.  I wanted to attach the file, but, somehow do not know how to do that either.

Is there a way to uninstall and reinstall correctly, so it integrates with JIRA. Or do you recommend to correct the current install? Whichever is easiest/fastest.

Appreciate your help.

Again, thank you for a prompt response

Kind regards,.

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2019

I am not looking for something special, just trying to find a starting point. Is there something in the log with ERROR or something that looks wrong. Then just Copy & Paste it here.

E C January 7, 2019

Thanks Bastian. After looking at the log I saw a couple of things which led me to reinstall. So I looked at another community post to completely remove the earlier install and reinstall everything.  Including manually deleting a couple of directories. On reinstall I linked it with existing JIRA install. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events