How to speed up repository scan?

I have a remote svn repository with svn+ssh:// access. Fisheye doesn't support such repositories by default, so I use a native svn client (javahl).

When fisheye start to scan my repository, it creates a separate ssh connection for each svn command, which takes 2.5 seconds or more. So it will take ~5 days to scan a complete repository with several thousands commits.

Is it possible to speed up this? Can fisheye use a shared ssh connection instead of creating separate connections?

1 answer

0 vote

Hi, Dmitry.

There are some things you could try:

1. According to the Best Practices for FishEye Configuration document, we recommend using file:/// protocol for fastest indexing performance. If you cannot install FishEye on the server where Subversion is running, we recommend using svnsync to mirror the repository onto the FishEye server.
  2. If you have a large repository, you could try to configure a starting revision from which to start indexing. All commits prior to this starting point are not included in FishEye. Read more.
  3. You can exclude portions of your repository that you are not interested in. Read more.
  4. You can also split a single and large repository into smaller logical components such as projects or products.
  5. Change the repository definition to look at a subset of your repository. Typically this involves setting the path within your repository that you wish FishEye to index. Read more.
  6. These documents can also be very useful:
    http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Improve+FishEye+Scan+Performance
    http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Tuning+FishEye

Could you please give these suggestions a try and let us know how it goes?

Kind Regards,
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Asked 12 hours ago in Confluence

What are the resources that you use to learn more about Atlassian Products?

I am gathering information about resources available for Atlassian product knowledge transferring for a presentation in our local Atlassian User Group. I want to group them in four categories From ...

61 views 3 4
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you