Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup Permission Schemes for Lightweight Code Commenting with Crucible workflow?

Anton Vorobiev September 18, 2011

The workflow list http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CRUCIBLE/Defining+your+Workflow contains Lightweight Code Commenting workflow. But I can't understand how to setup Permission Schemes to allow Author to review himself?

We need this practice when review legacy code when author is outside company. In this case we want to set person who will be responsible for code and he should do first review for himself.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sten Pittet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2011

Hi Anton,

It is currently not possible to be both an author and a reviewer but as an author of the review it is possible to comment a review. The reviews will also appear in the list of reviews to summarize for the author.

Last, if you go to the project page related to the review, you will see this review appearing in the list of open reviews.

So, in short the author cannot be added as a reviewer but it doesn't mean that he can't perform the review.

Is that answer helping you?

Anton Vorobiev September 20, 2011

Thanks a lot, Sten!
You save my time and give a idea how to solve this situation. Our solution is special user for selfreview who will be assigned as reviewer in this case.
Only one more question: should this user copmlete review for statistics or it is possible to summarize review without his comlpetion?

Sten Pittet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2011

As long as the review is not completed it will appear in hist list of reviews to summarize and in the list of opened reviews for the project. That's why I would highly recommend the completion of those reviews otherwise your Crucible instance will quickly become polluted with reviews that should not appear anymore.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events