How to review diff of one file on different Perforce branches with Crucible? Edited

Although I looked into many items in the community, Jira database and the documentation, sadly it feels like Perforce branches are not fully supported - at least not the way I expect. I am having trouble reviewing a branched file:

I like to compare the content of one file against a branched version of the same file (created via p4 integrate). Although I added correct branch mappings (p4 branch) Crucible adds the two revisions as two independent files to a review instead the expected diff-view. My assumption is that Crucible/FishEye recognizes the different depot paths, while ignoring the branch spec/mapping knowledge.

How to create such a review of one file on two branches as a diff-review?

2017-07-25_15-46-14.jpg

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Did you consider creating a diff from a command line and attaching it to a review as patch?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 27m ago in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

4 views 0 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you