Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to review diff of one file on different Perforce branches with Crucible?

Christian L July 25, 2017

Although I looked into many items in the community, Jira database and the documentation, sadly it feels like Perforce branches are not fully supported - at least not the way I expect. I am having trouble reviewing a branched file:

I like to compare the content of one file against a branched version of the same file (created via p4 integrate). Although I added correct branch mappings (p4 branch) Crucible adds the two revisions as two independent files to a review instead the expected diff-view. My assumption is that Crucible/FishEye recognizes the different depot paths, while ignoring the branch spec/mapping knowledge.

How to create such a review of one file on two branches as a diff-review?

2017-07-25_15-46-14.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2017

Did you consider creating a diff from a command line and attaching it to a review as patch?

Christian L July 11, 2023

While this might be a workaround, this is not very elegant as we lose connection to the Fisheye repository.

It would be more elegant when Crucible supports selecting a main file for review (from the repository) and then allow adding any other file from the repository to diff against (e.g. older revision or from a complete different branch*, maybe even with a different file name).

*) doing this just causes the review to contain two files instead one diff review of a single file.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events