Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict FishEye access to dedicated IP addresses

Lars Klonowski January 20, 2013

We're running FishEye/Crucible on a productive server and want to allow access to it from only a number of dedicated IP addresses (e.g. the reverse proxy).

The built-in Jetty could be configured suitably by altering the jetty.xml, but this file does not exist and FishEye/Crucible seems to configure it programmatically.

So is there a way to achieve this?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Russell H January 20, 2013

Aside from configuring application link ip patterns as Janet has suggested; you could configure the iptables/windows firewall on your Fisheye server to only accept port 8060 requests from your reverse proxy ip.

Deleted user January 20, 2013

We run all the applications behind Apache HTTPD reverse proxies. If it were also the case here, it would be simple to configure access to the proxy from the web server and manage direct access to the specific port numbers by firewalling (iptables).

0 votes
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2013

Have you tried setting the IP Patterns in the Application Links ? It's should be via Administrations > Application Links > Configure > Incoming Authentications

Look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Configuring+Trusted+Applications+Authentication+for+an+Application+Link

So the recommended way is to link FishEye with for example JIRA and configure the incoming authentication in that link?

I was thinking that this would only affect access to the FishEye remote API.

But if it applies to access in general including web access via browser this would do the trick for us, as we are also running an instance of JIRA we can link to.

Russell H January 20, 2013

I think you are correct, trusted applications only controls access from the remote APIs rather than client access from a browser. I'm not aware of a way of locking down Fisheye access to one IP address other than with iptables/firewall.

If that is true, we will most likely come back to your iptables solution.

I was just wondering if there was some built-in solution as it seemed to me a pretty common configuration.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events