Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restart Server?

nincy james February 5, 2014

I have incresed the size of JAVA heap size by setting the FISHEYE_OPTS as given in documentation. i also did start.bat from command promp window. I am getting same error "out of memory" while logging into Admin Page. How else i should restart the server or is it some other problem?

Please reply urgently.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2014

Restarting is just a case of stop.bat then start.bat

You haven't told us what you've done to increase the memory, or what the actual error message is, so we can't really help you with the error. Bear in mind it's not as simple as "more memory", there are different types of memory used in Java and just increasing one of them is unlikely to help unless it happens to be the right one.

nincy james February 5, 2014

I have set the system variable as FISHEYE_OPTS and value as -Xms128m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m and FISHEYE_INST and value is the path where its stored and also set the class path upto its bin folder.

Error message is :

An error occurred trying to render this page

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: javax.el.ELException: Problems calling function 'cru:getWebItems'

Original error that caused this page

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2014

Ok, but which "out of memory" error caused the java one? That will be recorded in the error log somewhere.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events