Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find Crucible review from Changeset number?

Volker_Kleinschmidt March 12, 2013

So I'm frequently looking over our source code, notice a change that I'd like to comment on, and want to find any potentially still open code review. Fisheye does indeed list and link to the review with the individual changed file, but oddly not on the changeset page. And I can't find a search interface for Crucible that would let me enter a CL number and get associated review(s). Is there one? Why not?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Werner March 13, 2013

Searching by Change Set ID (CSID) can be done using an EyeQL search. To find out what reviews it is in, make sure that the query returns the "reviews" field.

The general format of the search would be something like this:

select revisions from dir "/" where csid = <some_id> order by date  desc  group by changeset return path, revision, author, date, csid, reviews

To get to where you enter the search can be hard to remember, but this works for me.

- Since I am looking up something about a source file in a repository, I need to go to the Source pull down an select the repository.

- I am doing a search, so I select the Search tab (far right).

- And I need to Switch to EyeQL Search (bottom of left frame).

Volker_Kleinschmidt March 13, 2013

Thanks much, this is really very useful and clear. And can even be turned into a direct URL, e.g. like this:

http://<fisheye server>/search/<repo>/?refresh=y&ql=select%20revisions%20from%20dir%20"/"%20where%20csid=<csid>%20order%20by%20date%20desc%20group%20by%20changeset%20return%20csid,reviews,author,date,path

Volker_Kleinschmidt June 29, 2015

For some reason, this is no longer working. FishEye isn't finding any reviews anymore - it still finds the change sets, but the "reviews" column is now always empty. We're clueless as to the source of the problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events